Dress code for our concerts
Classical concerts in Salzburg
Except if stated otherwise there is no strict dress code for the regular
concerts. Not welcome are training clothes or athletic wear like for example
cyclist shorts, muscle shirts, hoodies or belly tops. Decent training shoes like
sneakers are fine.
Many of our guests dress for the occassion and smart casual clothing has become somewhat expected. For men for example a button down shirt with a collar, long trousers and closed-toe shoes; a tie is optional. For women a pantsuit or a costume, with a matching top; a blazer is optional.
Christmas and New Year
- Smart casual
- For men: a button down shirt with a collar, long trousers and closed-toe shoes; a tie is optional.
- For women: a pantsuit or a costume, with a matching top, a blazer is optional.
- Dress clothes – Informal
- For men: a dark blue or black suit, as well as a white shirt with a tie.
- For women: a short cocktail dress or a trouser suit. An evening dress is optional.
- Semi-formal (Black tie)
- For men: Smoking; for concerts that do not take place in the evening a Stroller is also acceptable.
- For women: Long, elegant evening dress, that may be shoulder-free. The type and size of the jewelry should be appropriate for the occasion.